D2 Productions continues to grow its mobile fleet with its latest addition, Uplink Floyd. Featuring dual path HD transmission, fed by industry-leading Adtec encoders and powered by redundant MCL and General Dynamics amplifiers, Floyd’s state of the art equipment is ready to get productions on the bird and on the air. Floyd is the perfect complement to D2’s production capabilities, making lens-to-satellite solutions possible with just one phone call.
Whether paired with Zeppelin, Genesis, our Fly Pack or an ENG Crew, D2 Productions now offers its clients a complete solution for production and transmission. Uplink Floyd is staffed by the same engineers that run our production trucks, so the engineer assigned to the uplink can work in concert with the D2 mobile production unit EIC, adding a second broadcast engineer to your show. Of course, Floyd is also a fully qualified satellite uplink truck on its own, and can fill any uplink need, with or without other D2 services.
And while the D2 name may be new to uplinking, our broadcast engineers are loaded with experience. Most of them got their careers started by uplinking, and have collectively transmitted thousands of hours of television. Rest assured, we’re not new at this.
- 2x Adtec EN-81 Encoder/Modulators
- 2x Adtec RD-70 IRDs
- MCL 300W TWT Amplifier
- General Dynamics 70W Solid State Amplifier
- 1.5 meter AVL Antenna
- 2x Dedicated Transmission Frame Syncs
- AJA FS1
- 40 x 40 HD-SDI Blackmagic Design Compact Videohub Core Router
- Tektronix 1705A Spectrum Analyzer
- Panasonic 17″ HD-SDI QC Monitor
- 8x Routable Wohler Panorama HD-SDI Monitors
- Mackie 1202 Audio Console
- Wohler & Crown Audio QCs
- 8 x 8 HD-SDI External I/O Panel
- VoIP Phone System
- Tie lines for Analog Phone Input
- LTE Internet Access
- Dual Channel Studio Technologies IFB
- Dual Channel RTS PL
- Freightliner Sprinter
- Single Phase 208-240V, 50A. Two hots and a ground.
- Cummins Onan Diesel Generator
- 2x Rooftop HVAC Units, serviced by the same people who service my Toronto HVAC unit